Milk Replacer for Camel Calves
This Camel milk replacer product was designed to meet the nutrient requirements of a camel calf.
It is balanced in minerals and vitamins and formulated to duplicate the protein and fat of the mother’s milk.
This feed contains added selenium at 0.3mg/kg
|Protein from Milk Sources||(Minimum)||26%|
|Vitamin A||(Minimum)||45,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D3||(Minimum)||4,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||(Minimum)||150 IU/kg|
Grober Mixing Chart for 1 litre of Camel-Gro
|1. MEASURE||2. MIX||3. ADD||4. FEED|
|135g of powder per litre of solution. (A scale provides a best precision)||with 0.5 litre hot water (60°C) for 3 minutes using a good whisk or a paint mixer||0.45 litre cold water and mix for 1 minute. (Total 1 litre)||milk solution at a temperature of 38-40°C, body temperature. (thermometer provides best results).|
- At birth, the camel calf must receive colostrum (first mothers milk) in the first 24 hours following birth.
- This will provide protection against future infections, particularly if the colostrum is fed before 12 hours.
- If the mothers colostrum is not available, use other camel colostrum or use cow or goat colostrum. If also not available, use a commercial colostrum replacer product.
- Start feeding milk replacer once newborn calf has received enough colostrum.
- Quantities offered should be about 10% of calf body weight and adjusted to calf’s weight.
- Any change in the feeding schedule should be done with judgment, according to growth and size.
- Frequent feeding of small amounts will decrease chances of digestive upsets.
- Weigh calves regularly to ensure that milk intake is adequate
- Reconstituted Camel-Gro may be refrigerated up to 24 hours. Discard any unused portion after 24 hours.
- The quantity of milk replacer fed to the calf will vary depending on health, size and availability of mother’s milk.
- Clean ALL feeding utensils and equipment after each feeding: rinse in lukewarm water, wash with a detergent in hot (80°C) water, rinse with clean water (ideally a weak bleach solution) and dry thoroughly with a ‘clean’ towel.
- Consult your veterinarian for any signs of disease, fever, parasites,
NOTE: Store this product in a cool dry location, protected from the sun. To maintain freshness, keep partially used bag closed tightly after opening and store in a plastic container.
CAUTION: Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Pour obtenir une fiche technique en français, communiquez avec nous.
Liability Disclaimer: Because individual results may vary due to management, environment, genetic, health and sanitation differences, Grober Inc. and its distributors do.