This product was designed to meet the nutrient requirements of Asian Elephant calf.
High levels of protein and very high fat are necessary for those calves to ensure maintenance and growth.
It can be successfully fed for short-term needs or for a complete feed program.
This feed contains added selenium at 0.3mg/kg
|Protein from milk sources||(Minimum)||21%|
|Vitamin A||(Minimum)||45,000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D3||(Minimum)||4.000 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||(Minimum)||80 IU/kg|
Grober Mixing Chart for 1 litre of Elephant-Gro (Asian)
|1. MEASURE||2. MIX||3. ADD||4. FEED|
|175g of powder per litre of solution. (A scale provides a best precision)||with 0.5 litre hot water (60°C) for 3 minutes using a good whisk or a paint mixer||0.4 litre cold water and mix for 1 minute (Total 1 litre)||The milk solution at a temperature of 38-40°C, (body temperature) (thermometer provides best results).|
- At birth, the calf must receive colostrum (first mother’s milk) in the first 24 hours following birth.
- This will provide protection against future infections, particularly if the colostrum is fed before 12 hours.
- If the mother’s colostrum is not available, use cow colostrum.
- If also not available, use a commercial colostrum replacer product.
- Provide injectable Vitamin E to the calf according to veterinary prescription.
- Start feeding milk replacer once newborn has received colostrum.
- Quantities offered should be adjusted to weight, increasing gradually from birth to weaning.
- Any change in the feeding schedule should be done with judgment, according to growth, size and stool consistency.
- Frequent feeding of small amounts will decrease chances of digestive upsets.
- Weigh calves regularly to ensure that milk intake is adequate
- Reconstituted ElephantGro may be refrigerated up to 24 hours. Discard any unused portion after 24 hours.
- The quantity of milk replacer fed to the calf will vary depending on health, size and availability of mother’s milk.
- Clean ALL feeding utensils and equipment after each feeding: rinse in lukewarm water, wash with a detergent in hot (80°C) water, rinse with clean water (ideally a weak bleach solution) and dry thoroughly with a ‘clean’ towel.
- Consult your veterinarian for any signs of disease, fever, parasites, …
NOTE: Store this product in a cool dry location, protected from the sun. To maintain freshness, keep partially used bag closed tightly after opening and store in a plastic container.
CAUTION: Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Pour obtenir une fiche technique en français, communiquez avec nous.
Liability Disclaimer: Because individual results may vary due to management, environment, genetic, health and sanitation differences, Grober Inc. and its distributors do not warrant or guarantee individual results.